Pardon the Interruption (PTI)
A Series of Focused Topics Highlighting Diversity and Inclusion
Pardon the Interruption (PTI) – a new addition to the OEOP website – is a series of focused topics highlighting Diversity & Inclusion. Centered around 3 basic themes: Communication, Cultural Competency, and Diversity Elements, this series of presentations is easily accessible from the OEOP website to anyone who wishes to utilize them.
What is a PTI presentation?
- Each month, a D&I topic or video will be presented at CLC for awareness. The objective is to do the following:
- Synergize conflicting values and backgrounds
- Identify the unfairness created by unaware behavior or implicit bias
- Build trust in the diverse workplace
- Deal with the myths and fears about diversity
- The topics/videos are not to exceed 5 minutes. Hence, Pardon the Interruption will be brief, yet hard hitting. Management is encouraged to either use the topic/video or one of your own, to share with your organization in order to provide for enhanced D&I awareness.
We hope you will take a moment to check out the PTI site, download a topic and share it with your staff. Check back often as there will be a new topic posted every month.
We encourage you to take a moment to fill out our Tracking Tool so we can track the usage of the presentations. This will help us to create more content that you want to see. Let us know what you think or would like to see. We also encourage you to create your own videos and share them from this site. Just send them to Pam Payne at Pamala.firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be happy to post them.
Please click on highlighted topics for a complete presentation. New presentations will be added on a regular basis. Please feel free to utilize any PTI presentation or suggest your own topics.
Please complete the form below to help us track how often these presentations are utilized. Thank you. We appreciate your assistance.