Hispanic Employee Advisory Committee (HEAC)
Lead: Debbie Martinez
- Promote a safe workplace environment that is fully inclusive and free of
discrimination and harassment based on race/ethnicity
- Support of the goals and objectives of LaRC in promoting education and
awareness of the NASA Diversity Policy.
- A diverse and inclusive group whose members influence dialog and
promote awareness of the challenges Hispanics face in science,
technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) environments, and
facilitate educational opportunities.
- Provide a means of communication between the Office of Equal
Opportunity (OEO), Hispanic Employment Program (HEP) Manager and
NASA Langley Research Center (LaRC) Hispanic federal employees.
- Promote contact with and exposure to Hispanic organizations,
professional societies, and provide awareness of relevant issues and
- Committed to fostering leadership through networking,
professional/personal development and community involvement in concert
with NASA Mission objectives.
- Positively impact the issues that affect Hispanics in the workplace
- Create awareness to decrease stereotypes and biases that negatively
impact Hispanics in the workplace
- Play a vital role in LaRC’s retention efforts by offering employees a sense
of community and belonging
- Engage with the Center Leadership Council (CLC) to strategically evaluate
workforce culture and influence center level policy
- Foster diverse work environment at NASA LaRC; promote positive
performance and employee advancement
- Help to promote and support NASA’s Hispanic Educational Outreach
programs and activities
- To promote networking and development of Hispanic employees while
sharing the common interest of NASA Mission objectives and goals
- Be a significant workforce enhancer and developer, facilitate cross-sector
and corporate-wide activities
- Maintain and support NASA LaRC Hispanic Employee Program (HEP)
website to promote science and technology careers among minority
For more information on HEAC, please see our Charter here.